The Surajkund Mela is jointly hosted by the Surajkund Mela Authority in collaboration with the Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture, External Affairs, Department of Tourism, Government of Haryana and Haryana Tourism Corporation.
This festival has come to occupy a place of pride and prominence on the international tourist calendar, attracting more than a million domestic and foreign visitors during the Mela fortnight.
About Surajkund Mela:
1st to 15th February, 2021 are the dates For the 34rd Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2021, the state of Rajasthan has been chosen to be the Theme State. Foreign countries & all the states of India will be participating in the Mela.
A large number of renowned national and international folk artistes and cultural groups present day performances at both the Chaupals, the open-air theatres, located in the Mela premises. Also enthralling cultural evening programmes are held at the main Chaupal during each of the Mela evening. The Mela is indeed a custodian of the heritage crafts involving use of traditional skills that are fading away due to cheap machine made imitations, and a special section is earmarked for showcasing of these heritage crafts.
Aims And Objectives:
- To organise, manage and run the Surajkund International Craft Mela at Surajkund Faridabad with a view to promote handicrafts, handlooms with the aid of craftsmen invited from all over the country
- To undertake the promotion of export of handlooms and handicrafts.
- To set up an environment in which rural crafts traditions could be displayed and to project the traditional rural ambience of a typical village near Delhi for travellers who may not have the time or means to visit an Indian village
Features of Surajkund Mela 2020:
All Visitors must wear Musk and maintain Social distancing to stop spreading of Corona Virus.
- The girl students of government and government-aided Schools will be given free entry to the Mela on weekdays, as a part of ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign of Haryana government
- Theme State-Rajasthan will present a light & Sound Show every evening during the Mela.
- Renovated 'Apna Ghar' of Haryana will entrall visitors in a new avatar.
- Disaster Management Plan/ Evacuation Plan is in place with state-of-the-art medical, fire and disaster management facilities at all crucial points.
- Bank, dispensary, Mela Police control room & CCTV control room are located at a centralized location so that visitors and participants can have easy access to these essential services.
- Fashion Shows may be organised, showcasing the splendour of the Rajasthans handlooms and weaving styles.
- A complete ban is imposed on the plastic/polythene bags within the Mela premises.
Entry time and Ticket Prices :- Entry timings for Surajkund Mela is 9:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. every day. Ticket prices are Rs.120/- on weekdays and Rs. 180/- on Weekends. Entry Tickets of Surajkund International Crafts Fair are available easily on all major online booking platforms and also available at the venue.
First 50 bookings with get great offers from TripInvites.